Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Trip to New York and DC

Well, we just got back from our trip to New York and DC, which was pretty fun. It was very hot and humid which required us to drink lots of water to keep hydrated. This in turn caused me to find a bathroom every hour pretty much. We experienced some of our firsts. We decided to take a late flight in JFK and then drive the 4 to 5 hours to DC where Joe drove the whole night. Then we slept in our car (very uncomfortable) because I was too cheap to stay in a hotel. Lets just say by the next night we were out by 7:30pm!! We went to a lot of the monuments and some museums. I experienced in New York my first time the subway and that was an experience all by itself. One day we were just waiting for our train to arrive and this guy just gets up and starts this chant or prayer thing in Spanish and it didn't just go for like a minute. This guy went on for like 5 minutes. In New York we went to Phantom of the Opera and did some shopping and saw a few site. We did a lot of walking this trip, but we had a good time.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey Megan- it's been a long time. Yes, we're still in Utah until next month. I'd love to get together and hang out with you before I leave. I think I have your phone number somewhere or I'll have my mom get it from your mom. Your trip looks like you guys had a great time. I love DC! I've never been to New York... someday! I look forward to seeing you soon!!!

Brent and Stephanie said...

it's about time you posted some more. so how far along are you now and have you found out (are you planning on finding out?) the sex of the baby yet?

Anonymous said...

Your trip looks like so much fun. I am totally jealous. I've always wanted to go to NY.

California is good. We've done some pretty fun stuff. I do miss a lot of things about Utah though. Are you and Joe coming here to visit this summer? I would love to see you. Are you going to have a baby shower here? I am so excited for you to have your baby. Julie told me you aren't finding out if it's a boy or girl- that will be so exciting. it does put a damper on getting you baby stuff though!!

I hope everything is going great for you!