Tuesday, February 1, 2011

She has arrived!!

Well she has finally arrived. Tuesday night I checked into the hospital around 11:30 pm. When I checked in I was only at a 2 and they were hesitate to check me in but told me to hang out for an hour to see the progress. Well no real progress was made in that hour but my contractions were getting harder and I thought well they better have a good plan to get me out of this bed because I am not going anywhere. In the next hour I moved from a 2 to a 5. And then progressed even faster than that. She was born at 4:50 AM so needless to say we didn't get any sleep. So only 5 hours of real labor. She weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces (a lot different from Weston who was 9 pounds). We named her Kennedi Cherie. Here are some pictures...


The Big Brother:

Weston holding Kennedi - a proud older brother

Our little girl:




7 comments:

Courtney N said...

Congrats!! She's gorgeous!!

Muse Fam said...

Oh, she is a cutie. She looks a little nervous being in Weston's lap, but that is good that he likes to hold her. See you soon.

Julie Barnes said...

AWWW. She is so sweet. Love the name! Hope you are recovering well and getting some rest. It is sad you can't sleep when the baby sleeps often with it being the second baby. Hope you are doing well!

Lois said...

Congratulations! She's so beautiful! Love the spelling of her name. Hope you're getting some sleep.

Wendy said...

YEAH! That's so exciting! Congratulations....She's adorable Megan!!!! It's weird to see all of us having more and more children. Where did the years go?!?!?!

Kirstin - Klinton - Max - Krieg Starr said...

I am so happy for you! You are going to love watching Weston and Kennedi interact. Congratulations on everything. By the way, I noticed the snowman you guys made (awesome, by the way) and from one snowman enthusiast to another, you will have to pull up my blog for Joe...you will see.

Becky Henson said...

Congratulations! Weston looks so grown up and such a cute older brother.